A laid-back city wedding at The Hospitium York
Helen and Ben’s laid-back wedding at The Hospitium in York. The Hospitium is situated in York’s Museum Gardens. It’s a gorgeous wedding venue!
“You were genuinely our favourite supplier…on the day you were perfect; your warm, laid-back approach was exactly what we wanted!”
- Venue: The Hospitium York https://www.yorkvenues.org.uk/our-venues/the-hospitium/
- Flowers: Fleur Adamo www.fleuradamo.co.uk
- Dress: Dotty Bridal https://dottybridal.co.uk
- Suits: Frank Bird https://frankbird.co.uk
- Hair: Lauren McCrae https://www.laurenmcrae.co.uk
- Caterers: Bradshaws www.bradshaws-caterers-york.co.uk
- Strings: https://simplystringstrio.co.uk
- Signage: www.millie-stone.co.uk
- Venue Decoration: www.finishingtouches-york.co.uk
- Menus: https://www.instagram.com/weddingluxco/
Helen got ready at The Judge’s Lodging, just a stone’s throw from The Hospitium. The atmosphere was chilled but with a hint of excitement. Helen got ready in her room overlooking York Minster. She had plenty of champagne and laughs with her bridesmaids. Ben got suited and booted and met us along at The Hospitium York.
The ceremony was an intimate affair in The Hospitium. During the ceremony the string trio played lovely music. The stone pillars were decorated with fairy lights and greenery, it was so magical! It was such a personal service and so beautiful. There was plenty of confetti throwing afterwards which always makes for fab photos!
They had a cocktail drinks reception in the afternoon. Guests could wander around The Museum Gardens next to The Hospitium – it was a lovely summers day! We headed into The Museum Gardens to take wedding photos, which looked amazing against the ruins of the abbey.
Helen wore a gorgeous dress from Dotty Bridal in Holmfirth. Ben wore a dapper suit from Frank Bird and they looked so perfect. Helen’s flowers were so summery they looked amazing too.
The couple met at work as they’re both Assistant Heads and Vice Principal teachers. They’ve been together for 2 years. They got in touch with me after finding me on Google. Their enquiry was really touching. They said they wanted a relaxed photographer, and I really liked that they were so chilled.
Helen and Ben’s wedding was everything I love about weddings and had such a fun atmosphere. Here’s their stunning wedding!